Families of kidnap victims along Akwanga highway seek govt’s aid
The family members of some kidnapped victims in Nasarawa State have called on the Security Agencies and the government to come to the aid of the victims and secure their release.
They made the appeal in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday in Lafia.
NAN reports that the people were kidnapped on August 20 by the criminal gang that attacked and killed three Policemen and two others on the convoy of Emmanuel Akabe, Deputy Governor of the state.
The family members who spoke on condition of anonymity said that already the kidnappers had contacted them demanding for N50 million ransom each.
They also said that the kidnappers warned that they should not inform or involve the police if they wanted the victims to regain freedom.
They, therefore, appealed to the government to expedite action to secure the release of the victims as they had already spent seven days with the kidnappers.
Reacting on the matter, Bola Longe, Commissioner of Police in the state, said that they were aware of only one case of kidnapping.
“Only one family reported to the police that their family member was kidnapped, so that is the only case we are aware of,” Longe said.
He assured members of the public that the attackers would be arrested and brought to face the law for their crime.